It took me a couple years to decide what to put on our bedroom walls, but it was worth the wait! I love the decorations we have now. View this post to see the very beginnings of this project.
The REALLY good news is that this project only cost $25-$30 (That’s FOUR canvases for only $25-$30! Can you believe it?!). At department stores, I’ve see 12”x12” canvas prints cost $20 or more a piece! Mine were MUCH cheaper, not to mention, fun to make :).
- 12” x 12” canvas – I used 4 for this project
- Mod Podge
- Scrapbook paper of your choice – I used decorative paper for the face of the canvas and solid paper for the sides of the canvas
- Paint, any color you wish – I used leftover paint I had from redoing the bedroom
- Paper plate large enough to put a glob of paint on and to also dab your spouncer brush to remove the excess paint
- Spouncer sponge brushes (see pic below) or just a really small regular sponge brush to use for painting the canvas edges
- Watercolor paint brush, optional (I used this a little when painting the edges of the canvas, but it’s probably not necessary)
- Small/medium sized sponge brush to use for the Mod Podge
- Paper Trimmer Cutter, such as this