I love roasted vegetables – they are simple to make and healthy, but I hadn’t made any in quite some time. I bought some zucchini and mushrooms a couple of weeks ago and roasted them with onions. They were DELICIOUS! In fact, they were so delicious, I made more this week . I had some tomatoes that needed eaten before they went bad, so I decided to roast those with mushrooms and onions.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 small container of whole mushrooms
- 1 tomato
- 1 small onion
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the mushrooms in half, then cut the tomatoes and onions into pieces of a similar size as the cut mushrooms.
- Put all veggies in a bowl, drizzle with olive oil. Stir to coat. Add more olive oil if necessary.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper, to taste. Stir.
- Pour mixture onto a baking sheet and spread out evenly.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until veggies are tender, but still have a little crunch. If desired, stir the veggies about halfway through (I usually don’t).
I’m not a huge fan of roasted tomatoes, but it’s just what I had on hand. Use whatever veggies you have! Just keep in mind, you may have to adjust the roasting time depending on how crunchy the veggies are that you begin with (e.g., broccoli would probably take longer to cook).
Here is another roasted veggie recipe you could try!
What is your favorite roasted veggie recipe? I’m always looking for new ones .