Earlier this week I made up a chicken and rice recipe. Surprisingly, it actually turned out really well! I forgot to take pictures of the finished product :/. Here are some of the ingredients, though:
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can cream of chicken
- 1 can cream of mushroom
- Vegetable broth (Maybe 1/4 to 1/3 cup? I didn’t measure.)
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- Black pepper, to taste
- Broccoli, as much as you want (optional)
- Rice (I used three packages of the whole grain rice you just pop in the microwave for 90 seconds.)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a 9×13 glass baking dish, make your ‘sauce’ by mixing together the cream of chicken, cream of mushroom, vegetable broth, and onion soup mix.
- Rinse the chicken. Place it in the glass baking dish, pepper it, and spoon the sauce over the chicken.
- Add broccoli. Be sure to cover the broccoli with the sauce as well, otherwise the edges will char.
- Cook uncovered for approximately 45 minutes.
- Prepare your microwaveable rice a couple minutes before the chicken is finished cooking.
- Scoop some rice onto a plate. Add the chicken, broccoli, and sauce on top and enjoy!
What’s your favorite chicken and rice recipe?