Thanksgiving is less than a week away…boy how time flies. If you are anything like me, you’re trying to decide what dish to cook for the big meal. Below are several simple recipes that would be great for a Thanksgiving meal. I’ve made all of these, and highly recommend them!
Brown Sugar Ham
If you are hosting Thanksgiving, this is a great main dish.
- 1 ham, pre-cooked, bone-in, spiral cut (mine was 11lbs)
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 1 can pineapple tidbits, undrained
- Cover the bottom of the roaster with brown sugar.
- Place ham on top of brown sugar and add the pineapple with the juice. Sprinkle ham with more brown sugar.
- Cover and cook on low (about 200 degrees) for about 8 hours.
The original recipe said to use a crockpot, but I didn’t have one big enough to fit an 11lb ham.
Parmesan Ranch Mushrooms & Green Beans
This recipe works really well because you can throw all of the ingredients in the crockpot in the morning, then you’re done. It’ll be ready by lunch. Continue reading