My husband and I love the meat loaf recipe on the back of the Lipton Onion Soup Mix box. The only problem is it takes a whole hour to bake. Who has time for that? I’ve seen several posts on Pinterest showing meat loaf in muffin tins, so I decided to give it a try.
They were delicious! And, they only had to bake for 20-25 minutes! We made mashed potatoes and a cucumber and onion salad as sides.
Here’s the original recipe, along with my muffin tin variation:
- 1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- ¾ cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup water
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In large bowl, combine all ingredients.
- In 13×9 inch baking or roasting pan, shape into loaf. (Or, put into muffin tins. For me, this recipe made 15 meat loaf muffins.)
- Bake 1 hour or until done. Let stand 10 minutes. (Or, if you put the meat loaf in muffin tins, cook 20-25 minutes or until done.)