I just made this tonight for supper. My husband had thirds! It’s a really simple recipe from the Kraft Foods Busy Family Recipes cookbook. It tastes similar to these Southwestern Stuffed Peppers.
- 1 lb. lean ground beef (I used a little more than this)
- 1 large onion, chopped (I used a little less, just because I already had some chopped up from a different recipe)
- 2 cups Taco Bell Home Originals Thick n Chunky Salsa (I used medium)
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained, rinsed
- ¼ cup Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing (I used regular Italian Schnucks brand)
- 2 Tbsp. Taco Bell Home Originals Taco Seasoning Mix (I used McCormick because that’s what I had on hand)
- 6 flour tortillas, 8 inch (I used wheat ones)
- 1 cup Breakstone’s or Knudsen sour cream (I used Schnucks)
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Kraft Mexican Style Finely Shredded Four Cheese (I used Schnucks Sharp Cheddar and Mozzarella)
- Heat oven to 400◦F.
- Brown meat with onions in large skillet on medium-high heat; drain. Stir in salsa, beans, dressing and seasoning mix.
- Arrange 3 tortillas on bottom of 13×9 inch baking dish; cover with layers of half each meat mixture, sour cream and cheese. Repeat layers. Cover with foil.
- Bake 40 min. or until casserole is heated through and cheese is melted, removing foil after 30 min. let stand 5 min. before cutting to serve.
Prep: 15 min. – Total: 1 hour 10 min. – Makes: 8 servings.